Pages

Saturday 1 February 2014

January Favourites


Hi guys! So January is over and that means.. monthly favourites!
Unfortunately January was not good to my skin, which I think was a mixture of the weather
and the fact I've recently caught a horrible cold/flu. Thankfully these products have helped me along the way!




I literally cannot say enough good things about this product. It smells ridiculously amazing. I could literally sit here all day just smelling this. If I feel my skin is a bit dry or looking really dull I'll put some of this on before I go to bed and by the morning my skin looks so much more hydrated and plump. It very creamy and thick yet it doesn't make my skin oily or break me out at all. It is a little pricey unfortunately, but a little bit goes a long way.

I don't use this very often but recently since my skin has been looking a little dull and dry because of this horrible British weather, so I've been reaching for this a bit more. It gives me skin such a beautiful dewy finish and makes me look like I've just been on holiday!

In the winter it's always good to invest in a good lip balm. I've always been loyal to my tons of vaseline pots but I feel that this carmex one just does the job better when I have really chapped, dry lips. I find that Vaseline is a bit too heavy and messy, whereas carmex is stronger and I don't need to keep reapplying it all day.

After seeing so many people rave about this product I really wanted to try it and seeing as I'm 20, (almost 21) I feel I should start taking more care of my skin. I've only been using it for a week but already I'm seeing results. It's not made me skin flawless and perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than it was. It has definitely brightened and evened out my skin tone and helped with dry patches. Since using it I've hardly got any spots and it's also helped heal the skin where I've had spots. I just don't know how I ever lived without this!
(I will be doing a full review on this product very soon!)

I love body scrubs but they're something I always forget about. My favourite of all time is Soap & Glorys Sugar Crush Body Scrub. It's seriously the best one I've ever used, but I recently got this one as part of a gift set for Christmas and it works so well. It gets rid of all those bumps and dry patches and also moisturises the skin really well. I get really excited to use this in the shower.

So, I drink a lot of water and I collect way too many water bottle. It's pretty ridiculous. I wanted a water bottle for a while, not only so I didn't have hundreds or water bottle all over my room all the time but because I feel like I drink more water when it's in a bottle as opposed to in a glass. Don't ask me why because I have no idea, I just do. Plus, it's easier to carry around with you as well. I find that since buying this, I do drink a lot more water just because I'm able to carry it around and I never forget it as it's so big.

This is definitely one of my favourite films. I saw the trailer ages ago and was so excited to see it that I bought the book and even though I know how the story goes now, I will continue reading it as the story was just personally very interesting to me. I definitely recommend it. (As long as you're over 18!)

Photography by Sam Clare Photography

Thanks for reading!
Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment