Pages

Saturday 16 August 2014

Hit or Miss: Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin Foundation & Eraser Eye Concealer Review.


Hey guys.
Today I'm going to be reviewing two products from Maybelline. Neither of them are new and both
have been reviewed many times before I'm sure, but recently I've wanted to switch up my boring routine
of always using the same foundation and concealer. After doing a bit of researching, I wanted to try these
two from Maybelline as they both have some great reviews, are easily accessible and are really inexpensive.


 Foundation: 010 Ivory          Concealer: Light


This foundation claims that it gives you a flawless finish and evens skin tone instantly . It also claims that you will
have better looking skin in 3 weeks. Now, I've been using this foundation for about a week now. So far I really love
it. This particular shade is very slightly darker than me. I can just about get away with it if I blend really well. I will
be going back to repurchase the next shade down but I'm pretty sure the next shade down is the lightest colour
they had and I'm not THAT pale. So if you are very fair then you might be able to try this out as it doesn't have
a very wide range of shades from what I've seen in store.

I do love the look this foundation gives me when I wear it. It gives you a great glow, makes you look very
energised and healthy. I Wouldn't say it completely full coverage as I still have to use concealer but it does
cover up the majority or imperfections on my face. It gives quite a dewy finish on my face (which I love) but I
usually dab a bit of powder over my t-zone otherwise it makes you look quite oily. I've got dry/spot prone skin,
so I wouldn't  necessarily recommend this to anyone with oily skin. So far as the 'better looking skin in 3 weeks'
goes, I haven't noticed anything dramatic yet but we'll see!

Overall, I am really liking this foundation. The pros to this are that it gives a great finish and makes my skin look
very healthy and awake. It's very easy to get hold of it and it's under £10. Also, it does contain SPF 20 which I
always like in foundations. The only cons to this foundation is that it can transfer quite easily onto clothes and
for me, pillows! Which is something that is quite annoying considering on the packaging they've wrote
'Non-transfer'. Also it hasn't got much of a range of shades to choose from in stores.

I'm gonna give this foundation a HIT because I really do love it. I just have to learn not to lay on any pillows!


Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer

I've been quite a loyal with my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer for quite a while but I have wanted to
try this one for a very long time and I am SO happy I have. I know this is for the under eye area but I do use this all
over the face just because it's so good. I don't have too much to say about this concealer just because I can't really
fault it. Once it's set, it doesn't crease under the eyes and stays put all day. It's so easy to use, easy to get hold of,
inexpensive and glides on so nicely.


Anyway, I think you get the gist of it. I really love it, so it's gotta be a HIT.




                   With Flash                                                                                       Without Flash 
         (excuse my hair colour by the way, I've been experimenting recently!)


Photography by Sophie Ford
Thanks for reading!
Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment