Pages

Sunday 8 February 2015

Haul





Hello everyone! Hope you're all well.
Today I'm doing a little haul of some thing I've picked up recently. I hadn't gone to Boots
in a while so took a well needed trip! I also went into my other favourite shop TK Maxx.




TK Maxx 'Make Things Happen' Journal (Similar Here)
I like to keep positive quotes around me and on all my notebooks and journals and when I saw this in TK
Maxx I just had to have it whatever it cost. Luckily it was only around £7 anyway! I always look out for things
like this Tk Maxx as they always have great little things like this to just have on my desk and look pretty and
help put me in a good mood when I read them.

TK Maxx Bon Bon Jar (Similar Here)
I've been looking for a jar like this for ages! I saw one in Debenhams for £20 and had it on my 'to buy' list. Then
I thought I'd have a look in here too as they always have good little bits like this and I found this. It was the last
one on the shelf and only for £8 so I picked it up straight away! It's exactly what I've been looking for to store
my make up sponges on my desk. It's such a pretty way to store them and keeps them all together.

TK Maxx Print 'don't let anyone ever dull your sparkle'.
I've seen a lot of cute prints on Etsy recently that are very similar to this, and I wanted to put some of them in
frames and hang them around my desk, where I blog. As I said before I like seeing positive quotes around me.
This came with the frame already and cost about £16 which, is similar price if  I bought just the print from a shop
on Etsy.

I've decided I'm starting my Mac eye shadow palette. I've been saying I'll do it for so long and I finally just
bought it and my first shadow to go with it. I bought 'sable' as I have green/ blue eyes and this colour really
compliments green eyes, It's such an easy colour to wear as well.

If you read my blog, you'll know I love Garnier's micellar water for removing my make-up. This one recently
came out from their 'pure active' range and it's specially for oily/combination skin. The other one I believe is
for all skin types. I'm excited to try it and see if it's any good or better than my other one!

I've been lusting over the new Bold Metals collection ever since it came out and I was so eager to try them all
out but they are more pricey than their original collection so I've limited myself to buying one brush every
month or every other month. I was most interested in the flat contour brush. From the reviews I've watched/read
everyone is recommending this one the most so I was most excited to try it. So far I love the way it looks and
feels and I hope it's as good as everyone is saying!

I watched Amelia Liana's January favourites video and she mentioned this root lifting spray from Dove. I usually
just use hairspray to get volume but don't like to do it If I can help it. I' wanted something less harsh, and something
that didn't make my roots greasy. I picked it up as I always love products she recommends and it was on offer. I've
used it once and it actually seems pretty good so far. I'll let you know how I get on with it though after more uses!

This is another recommendation but from The Londoner. I wanted to be wearing something to help my skin tone
appear better but, nothing heavy. Just to wear on days I can't be bothered. Her skin always looks so beautiful and
glowy so I definitely had to buy it. So far I really like how it doesn't feel heavy and really evens out my skin tone
and texture.

I'm trying more foundations and BB creams at the moment and I've actually wanted to try this one for quite a
while and as it was only £6.99 in Tesco I thought I might as well! The colour actually suits me extremely well
and feels so lightweight on the skin. 

This was another recommendation from Amelia Liana. I've not tried it yet but I'm hoping it's less harsh than
waxing or shaving.

I wanted a new nude colour to wear with the new nails I bought and I love Revlon polish's. This one looks so
natural and pretty and suits my skin tone quite well. I've worn it almost a week and no chips! That's without a
top coat as well!!

Elegant Touch Totally Bare Stiletto & Oval
I really love long nails and wanted to get acrylics but wanted to try out a cheaper version first before I commit.
I'm totally in love. Below is a picture of what they look like on me. They look so natural and aren't too hard to
do every day tasks with. I've had one nail come off but I expected that. I work in retail so I'm doing things all
the time and they haven't come off whilst at work so not too bad for under a £5 for a pack! Plus it's 3 for 2 at Boots
at the moment.


Elegant Touch Totally Bare in Oval with Revlon 'Check Mate'


(Sorry for the the flash in the first picture!)
Camera: Canon EOS 700D
Photography by Sophie Ford
Thanks for reading!
Sophie X

No comments:

Post a Comment