Pages

Sunday 15 March 2015

How I Clean My Make-up Brushes




Hello everyone! Happy Mother's Day!
Today I'm doing a quick post about how I wash my brushes. I was sat looking at my brushes last night and just
thought, 'I really need to wash them!' So though I should do a post showing you how I do it. It's very simple and
easy and I literally use one product. I also pot clean them as and when I need to with my Mac cleanser. I like to
deep clean them every week - or when I actually remember!



You will need..
- baby shampoo
- a clean flannel
- dirty brushes! ;)

I firstly gather all my dirty make-up brushes and line the up by the sink ready to shampoo.
I'll start with the bigger brushes to get them out the way.
I put a small amount of shampoo in my hand and start swirling the brush in my hand and cover
it in soap.
I then squeeze out all the shampoo from the brush and leave it on the flannel.
(I don't have many brushes so they are only like this for 30 seconds to a minute)
After all my brushes are all soapy, I rinse them all.
I them leave them on my desk over night on a flannel drying flat.

And that's all I do!

Tips..
Always hold you're brush downwards or flat so the water/soap doesn't get down the brush
and ruin the glue inside.
Try to wash them once and week to prevent the spread of bacteria.
Use warm water. Not too cold or too hot.
Reshape the brush when it's wet so it dries to it's natural shape.


Camera: Canon EOS 700D
Photography by Sophie Ford

Thanks for reading!
Sophie X


No comments:

Post a Comment