Pages

Thursday 11 June 2015

How To Stay Organised





Hello guys!
Today is a bit of a different type of post. I bought a notepad the other day from Wilko and it's basically a
weekly planner. I personally get quite stressed if I'm not organised. So I have write down things I need to do or
things I'm doing (I'm also very forgetful). It was about £.2.50 and I'm so happy I got it! It's just helpful to have that
on my desk to remind me of what I need to get done. I thought I was help you guys with some tips of how I try and
stay organised and keep on top of things. I'm not perfect and sometimes don't get everything done but, it helps
you become less stressed and a bit more in control.




Make Your Bed
As soon as you wake up, make your bed. It starts of your day in a positive way. You already feel organised just
by doing that one thing. If your bed isn't made, it gives you an invitation for you to do the same with the rest
of your room.

Get a diary
I bought a diary for this year as, last year I was forever forgetting either the time I was working (I currently work
random hours) or, forgetting I was seeing friends and so on. I thought it'd best if I write down what I'm doing
more so, I can remember and can keep on top of what I'm doing weeks or even months in advance.

Get a weekly planner (even if you already have a diary)
I bought a weekly planner because it's easy to have it on your desk at home whilst, you can carry around your diary.
It's also somewhere you can just write random things like, your shopping list or, 'remember to work out'.

Get up earlier
I started doing this a while ago and, I just find you have so much more time in the day. Since doing so, 
I've definitely become more of a morning person. I love getting up and getting things done. Then, you have the
rest of the day to relax. I can't stand waking up late and thinking, 'I've got so much to do in such little time'. By
getting up that hour or so earlier, you have more time to get things done.

Multi-task
This is just a way of hitting two birds with one stone and, freeing up some time for other things. For example,
if you travel to work by bus or train then why not answer emails/write your shopping list or even order your shopping
to be delivered that evening if you do that. It just makes sense to do something productive whilst you've not got much
to do and have a bit of spare time.

Create Routines
Routines help keep you organised. Research show that if you repeat it for 21 days, it then becomes a habit. We
all say we're going to go to the gym or remember to do your skincare at night or moisturise every time you have a
shower, but you have to stay committed. So if you really want something to be a part of your daily routine them,
keep it up and it will be!

Set Realistic Goals
Be realistic about it. Don't set yourself a to-do list pages and pages long. I personally write down all the things I
need to do, I'll then write down next to it how long approximately how long it will take to do those things. That
then gives me an idea of how long it will take and if I can fit all those things into one day or, spread them over a 
few days.

Have a Clear Out
Every 4/5 months I like to have a clear out of my room. Clothes, shoes, make-up, random crap in my bedside table,
you name it. Not only can I not stand clutter and hoarding things but, I feel that by doing this it helps me become
more organised. I know where everything is and I only have what I need. I don't have endless things I'm never gonna
wear or use again just sitting in my room taking up space. I find it's quite therapeutic as well.

Stop Procrastinating!
This is the biggest reason I can't always be organised. I procrastinate way too much, as do a lot of you I imagine. It's
hard but you got to just keep going. I find if I have time to sit down and think, I could be there for hours and just
end up thinking about anything or going on Facebook. Make assigned time for that, Preferably before bed if you
have time.



Camera: Canon EOS 700D
Photography by Sophie Ford

Thanks for reading!
Make sure you follow me on Blog lovin' and all my
social media pages for more about me and blog updates.
Sophie X

No comments:

Post a Comment