Pages

Saturday 27 June 2015

My First Week at DFMA




Hello everyone! 
I've not been posting for a few weeks as life has been pretty hectic. I'm training at DFMA at the moment to
become a make up artist. It's a make up academy in Westbourne, Bournemouth run by hair and make-up artist,
Davinia Fermi. I absolutely love it and just feel like this is exactly what I'm supposed to be doing right now. I
really recommend it to anyone wanting to become a make-up artist. They have other academy around the country
too, (Brighton, London and Manchester).
I just wanted to do a week by week blog post about my work and experience there. I hope you enjoy it. I finish in
a few weeks so will be back to regular posts!




Above is two versions of a smokey eye. One side just using a black pencil and smoking it out,
the other side was a colourful smokey eye. I loved doing this as, I love a good smokey eye ;)

The first few days we learning basics things. We learnt how to do a flawless face which, is just a natural looking
make-up. We also learnt how to do tattoo cover ups. It's such an incredibly simple thing to do but a long process.
Below you can see some of us doing the tattoo camouflaging.

 



The rest of the week, we began doing simple up-do's and also learning how to do a basic hair cut. I'm not overly fussed about hair but having long hair and two sisters, you tend to learn a bit of hair stuff so I wasn't too bad with hair! I do like creating cute hair styles :)







I had an amazing first week and the teachers are so inspiring and helpful. I've learn so much from them already! Make sure you look at my instagram to see what I'm up to on my course! I'll be doing 3 more of these posts as it's an intense 4 week course. These all might be posted a little it randomly but they will be up!
Hope you enjoyed



Sophie X

No comments:

Post a Comment